Tuesday 21 February 2012

Evaluation Question 6

Each image represents a form of technology I used during my coursework to make my final piece effective.


Blogspot
During the whole duration of forming my coursework, my blog spot website was used as my personal diary to record down all my findings, research and plannings. Everytime I found something or done something new  new, to view my progress, I had put it into my blog. What I had learnt through my blogger was that by me recording each of findings down, I was able to view if I was making progress or not and if I was using all that I was learning regularly effectively so that it an reflect on my work.
Premiere Pro
To put together all my footage of my opening film and edit it, I had to use the Premiere Pro software to assist me with it. While using Premiere Pro, I was able to add and cut various scenes, change the lighting of the background and add special effects to particular footage. This was to make sure that my opening will be no longer than two and a half minutes. This was also to ensure that the intervals of each scene to the next looked smooth and as realistic as possible. Through Premiere Pro, I had leant that if while filming not only a movie but any form of a video, and difficulties or mistakes occur, this software is able to rectify any problem to restore realism and order. I also learnt from the software how to manipulate a transition to make a scene to the next smooth.

ITunes
After getting all my footage together, I had to add some sound effects to my opening film to add to the effectiveness of the theme of horror. For this reason, after downloading various copyright free soundseffects, the music files were imported into ITunes which were downloaded then imported into Premiere Pro.  I learnt that any files that are not supported of the ITunes software would not be played; to ensure virus' don't occur.
Facebook
During the early planning and research stage of my coursework, I had conducted a questionaire to give me an idea of how to appeal to my traget audience. So for me to get as many people to answer my questioanire for feedback, I decided to use the social network- Facebook. With Facebook, I learnt that I was able get many people to answer my questionaire so that my analysis of the answers will be relaible. This enabled me to reserach on ways to capture my audience through my film opening.

Microphone Voice recorder
After completimg my final peice of my film opening, I had to add a commentry on my film. I had used the Microphone Voice recorder to assist me. In turns, me and my partner spoke into the microphone while it was recording. After this, I had connected the microphone into the computer through its USB then imported the voive note files into Premiere Pro.
Sound effects website
While looking for my sound effects and background music for my opening horror, I stumbled across the website above which allowed me access to dowload copy right music and sound effects. What I did was I chose my desired sound, downloaded it and imported it as a file in my documents.  

You Tube
Before creating my logo, I had ever used photoshop before. For this reason, what I did was, I went to Youtube and researched all the videos that had Photoshop tutorials in which I can learn from. I watched a variety of videos of turtorials and explanations in which I implemented into my work while creating my production label. I learnt that there were a wide range of videos on Youtube the help assist people in every form rather its for entertainment or learning. Here is a link below to a video on youtbe that assisted me with my learning process:
http://www.youtube.com/user/iceflowstudios?ob=4&feature=results_main

Photoshop
Evidently shown on the previous paragraph, I had used the photoshop software to design and create my production company label. I was able to import an image onto the software and adjust it to my desire look. After this, I designed a text to match with the image. I learnt a lot from photoshop one which is the fact that there are many uses and tricks to photoshop such as :
  • Lightening Underexposed Images
  • Lightening and Darkening any image
  • Burning and Dodging images
  • Correcting Color Casts and White Balance Problems
  •  Changing the White Balance of an Existing Image etc
Video Camera
Evidently, I used the video camera to record all my footage for my opening film. I learnt that video cameras can also be used to take pictures. As a result, I was able to take pictures of my credit plans which assisted me when doing my film credits.

No comments:

Post a Comment