Thursday 2 February 2012

What would I like my Distributor to spend money on?

I believe by my distributor spending money on these three things, it would be the best way to reach to a wide range of my target audience which are mostly young female teenagers.

  1. Posters- this would enable me to market my film so that it would be appealing to my target audience even before I showcase it which will be useful in a sense where it would market my film to a large audience of teenagers
  2. Media advertising- in terms of TV adverts- this would benefit me as my film will gain popularity which as a result demand wide range of cinemas to showcase my films as well as film festivals.
  3. Merchandising- which include things like action figures, ring tones, clothing, screen savers, calendars etc. It also involves manufactures which make  approved logo devices, images or character likenesses on specific products. This is very important as it would give me a chance to make money from the film and use to budget various resources.
  4. If I was to gain an extended amount of money, I'll market my film more effectively by creating an official website that will reach my target audiences. This is because, official websites include: extended  clips, trailers, exclusive behind the scenes footage, exclusive photos, and online competitions as well as many more. All these factors enable my target audiences to familiarise themselves with the film as well as gain a wider range of audiences as all of these factors engage people to desire to know more about the film.
  5. Also, creating or adding various soundtracks of the film and distributing them to many websites such as Amazon or I Tunes is very a effective way in reaching my wide target audiences as it enables people to have an idea of the concept, theme and mood of the film before and after watching it which allows them to be able to also familiarise themselves with the film.

Question 3: What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

An institution is a company that disperses a media product for audience consumption. The kind of media institution I would have distributed my media product is the United International Pictures. The reason why I would pick this institution is due to the fact that it is a joint venture of Paramount Pictures which have distributed many films that relate to my film such as Hannibal and The Unborn. Due to the Horror elements of both films such as the concept of Ghostly characters of the unknown, United International  Pictures as well as Paramount Pictures will be good institutions to distribute my film as they have successfully distributed similar horror films that relate to my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment