Thursday 12 July 2012

Music Video Mood Board

On top is a picture of my mood board I had created today as part of my research and planning for my music video. My inspiration came from my music video song I have chosen. The song conveys lots of dark emotions normal teenagers feel in times of troubles such as defeat, insecurity, sadness, stress, isolation etc. The dark colours in my mood board illustrate these feelings. Moreover, the unusual pictures of both the male and female gender express the two types of characters I have chosen to input in my video. Both look restricted, unique, troubled and out of place. This is due to the fact that my intention for the style as as mood of the video is to promote equality amongst the youths of today. We should not be afraid to stand out or be free from stereotypes. Moreover, we shouldn't have to be afraid that we would be isolated or look down upon because we are different. All teenagers have the right to be treated equally as an individual and express themselves the way they know how. As a result, my mood board conveys the message of breaking free from the wall of inequality, stereotypes and discrimination. The board symbolises the feelings of the victimised and naive teenagers I am trying to reach out to with my music video; it is an encouragement to break free and Peirce a bullet through their dark place. My goal is for these teenagers to discover their true selves after watching my video. After all, there is only one race. The Human race.

No comments:

Post a Comment